We are closed to general public to help stop the spread of the virus but are open for Keyworkers and essential workers who can't get home.
We have updated the way we work to keep everyone safe, from socially distanced breakfast and food delivery for your evening meal, to cleaning routines - we have your safety and comfort at the front of our minds.
- Check-in - We offer a friendly but socially distanced check-in with no forms to be filled in. Pick up your keys from the table or from our keysafe.
- Breakfast - We are happy to serve your breakfast to your room or downstairs in our socially distanced large dining space. Order via message the night before and we can get it ready for you.
- Communication - We are always on hand to help with questions via message
- Check out - All payments will be taken online rather than face to face and you can leave your keys in your room when you are done
- Cleaning - We have updated our cleaning routines as per government guidelines and will check in with you daily to make sure you have everything you need. Safety is our number one priority
- Laundry - If you are here working multiple days and need clothes washing then there is a laundrette 200m down the road or if we are quiet enough we may be able to help out.
Where to eat your evening meal?
Whilst we have breakfast covered we don't have a restaurant here at The Caledon so we have been working hard to offer you some options for your evening meal.
We have a fridge, freezer and microwave in the dining room available for you to use along with all the crockery and cutlery that you'll need.
We have added our own homemade meals which you can help yourself to and heat up whenever you need so there will always be a hot meal available.
Some outstanding local restaurants are offering delivery and we have a list of those available and the ordering process. There are also local takeaways still operating that will deliver with less notice or 2 supermarkets within 5 min walking distance.
You don't even need to do the washing up as we will tidy it away for you when you are done.
We also have an honesty bar open until 10pm each day so you can grab a G&T or glass of wine with dinner.
Red Funnel ferries continue to run however they are using a reduced timetable so please check here before you travel to Southampton. Please be aware that the Red Jet passenger ferry is currently not running. Please check out our directions to find us from the ferry
Buses are still running and there is a stop directly outside the house so you can still get around if you are not bringing a car - Island Buses
We are only 10 minutes drive to St Marys Hospital or 15 mins on the bus